Why Regular Carpet Cleaning Is Necessary
As you are aware, the clothes that we wear require regular washing to keep them hygienic and smelling fresh; our carpets are no different and also need periodic cleaning.
A build up of soil and grit is the usual cause of reduced carpet life and allow destructive, unhealthy, harmful mites and bacteria to go unnoticed. Carpet cleaning costs of around £40 are minimal when you consider the cost of a replacement carpet, so regular carpet cleaning also makes economic sense.
Most people don’t realise that what our eyes can see is only a small percentage of the dirt that a carpet may contain. The visible grime we notice is only the start; up to 85% of soil the carpet holds is usually buried deep within the pile. And when you consider that carpets can eventually trap their weight or more in dirt – as much as 22Kg for an average room size – you’ll agree it’s a serious matter.
Regular professional carpet cleaning can ensure:
• Increased life expectancy – Eliminating many of the problems that may lead to carpets needing to be replaced before their time.
• Stain Removal – If you’ve been hiding those unsightly marks and dried in spillages, professional carpet cleaning can sometimes help remove or reduce some stubborn stains.
• Improved sterile environment – Complete removal of generalised dust, soil and accumulated debris.
• Improved appearance – Some older carpets can also look brand new following a professional clean.
• Elimination of bacteria and dust mites – Helps to reduce the risk of mould, allergies, and many other potential hazards.
• Deodorisation – The majority of smells can be cleared by professional carpet cleaning, and specialists can offer treatments to ensure a fresh, clean smelling carpet.
Is Vacuuming Enough?
Regular vacuuming is required to keep your carpets clean and maintain a high level of hygiene, and some people use other types of equipment to help maintain and preserve expensive floor coverings. However, most domestic vacuum cleaners and shampooers, even the more powerful ones, aren’t good enough to get rid of that deep down dirt and nasty germs. To remove these particulates is a job for the professionals, with their powerful equipment and specialist training, plus the experience to get the job done right.
Also take a look at 10 Reasons To Maintain Your Carpets